Sunday, September 1, 2019

Tom Verica: Sponge Worthy?


'I went to podiatry school because I like feet!'
Doctor, Seinfeld

C.P.W (1995)

Today, actor Tom Verica is as well known for his work behind the camera as he is his work in front of it.  Shonda Rhimes fans know Verica for his role as Annalise Keating's (Viola Davis) husband Sam on How to Get Away With Murder, but acting his role on  HTGAWM isn't Verica's only job in Shondaland.


In addition to HTGAWM, Verica has also produced and directed other of Shondaland's shows including Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and For The People.  I first fell in love with the talented actor however back in the 90's when he was sporting his sexy goatee in the short lived night time soap Central Park West (C.P.W).  Although I no longer love goatee's, I not only found them incredibly hot when I was younger, I sported my own for a short time in the early 90's when first starting University. 

Seinfeld, The Conversation 

Verica's role on season fives 'The Conversation' wasn't a big one, but he was adorable as doctor, a podiatrist, a profession Elaine struggles to accept is actually a real doctor. Thanks to Jerry, who slips so fungicide in her purse, the relationship doesn't last long when the doctor finds it and quickly ends it.


If you watched any television in the 90's and 2000's, you know, or have seen Verica in a number of roles, including as Grace's finance Danny in the first season of Will & Grace.  Verica also made guest appearances on shows including; Providence, Home Improvement, NYPD Blue, The 4400 and his regular roles on The Naked Truth and American Dreams.




Home Improvement (1992)

Will & Grace (1999)

Providence (1999)

How to Get Away With Murder 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved American Dreams. I wish that it would have run for many years. I found Tom to be cute, but with Will Estes and the drool-worthy Sam Page on the show there was lots of competition for my desires!