Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Tom Nakielski: A Fervent Fifteen!

Hansel

''Tom's interest in photography was sparked by Life magazine in the '50s. Fascinated by all the spectacular images, he never missed an issue.  When serving in Viet Nam he ditched his gas mask and carried his Minolta everywhere.'

Ben

FH readers know how much I love the work of photographer Tom Nakielski. (Lights On Studio)  Tom's work has been part of the site for over seven years now and his holiday imagery has become a both a tradition and a highlight for me to feature.  If you have read my last few pieces spotlighting Tom's work, you might remember he's been struggling physically, and capturing all those cocks and candy canes has been getting more difficult. 

Michael

Last month, Tom ended back in the hospital, and is currently out of commission,  recovering in rehab.  I was worried about my friend when he went radio silent at the end of last month.  We'd been discussing two possible future posts and of course I was bugging him about my idea's for the slew of Autumn holidays, no turkey's involved this time!   Thankfully, with the assist of a microphone, he was able to message me that he was alive, but unfortunately, not so well.


Tom is currently in rehab and his recovery has been steady, but very slow. He's also unsure of when, or even if, he'll be able to pick up his camera again.  Of course I tried to motivate him with a few ideas that I had, and all the hot models awaiting working with him.  I'm not sure how much that helped, but right now, my fingers are crossed that by the time December rolls around, Tom might be home and ready to shoot again.

Malyk

Until then, I wanted to send him a public 'get well soon' card via FH.  Tom's work has been such an important part of the site, and I know so many of you look forward to seeing who he's going to strip down, and decorate up for the holidays.  


I looked back and chose 15 of my favorite shots that I've previously featured on the site.  I deliberately chose not to include holiday pics or else this piece would full of pumpkins, Santa hats, fireworks and flags.  This collection of images include a selection of shots that I love, some of my favorite models, and some from pieces that I especially enjoyed working on.

Zach

One of my favorite stories featuring Tom's work was the 2020 piece Draped & Disrobed.  In the piece, I bugged Tom for an interview about his early photography beginnings, and journey.   Hoping before too long, Tom will be back on his feet and shooting new work for me to bug him to share.

Tony

🎈 Get Well Soon Tom!!!! ðŸŽˆ

Jordan

Nas



Matt

Kay

Ron & Xavier