Saturday, November 10, 2018

Lake Powell 2018

Image from Gordon Nebeker

'This trip was a dream come true.'

Next two images from Mike Tossy

It was back in 2013 that I had the opportunity to first visually join photographer Gordon Nebeker   on his artistic expeditions to Utah. (Earthly Embrace)   Chronicling the annual shoot has become a highlight for me, and for FH.   Since that first post, I have been fortunate to feature the work of Gordon, Mike Tossy, Studiomgphotography and in the first few years, Tom Clark, not to mention the close to 20 different who joined them on their photographic journey.


The visual grandeur of the  landscape and location is just the beginning of why covering the trip has become so special  The shoot has become in a way, a mission statement for why I continue to explore my passion for photography of the male form and the stories behind their creation.  Gordon, Mark and Mike not only have shared their images, but behind the scenes shots and stories of the how the process of bringing the shoot, and each of the participants, together.

StudioMGphotography

Every year, it is a challenge to figure out how best to present the images.  I am always worried about posting too many shots at the same time, worried, the visual impact of each individual shot, will get lost with so many images for viewers to enjoy. In the end however, I usually end posting as many images as I can.  In part, because it is difficult to exclude an image I love.  Mostly however, because each image tells another piece, tells another story, and captures another extraordinary moment.

Gordon Nebeker

No comments: