Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blast From The Past: Joe Penny & Perry King in the Riptide Pilot



A few months ago when I asked for suggestions for future Blast From The Past features, Joe Penny's name came up. I always liked Joe but can't say I was a huge fan when I was younger. Joe is super hot (something I see more now that I am older) but I was never really a Riptide fan. I didn't really like any Stephen J. Cannell show to be honest. I remember watching repeats of The Greatest American Hero and crushing over William Katt but other than that The A Team, Hardcastle & McCormick and 21 Jump St didn't really do much for me.

I did several posts on Penny's Riptide co-star Perry King as I became a fan of King's from several tv movies and my old vhs copy (long thrown out sadly) of Mandingo. Penny also worked the tv movie circuit and has worked steadily since Riptide was cancelled including a recent stint on Cold Case.



I do have to give it to Stephen J. Cannell for writing the pilot to Riptide featuring Penny and Perry in an extended action scene both only wearing their tighty whities (oh the 80's!). Thanks to xyzpdq and his clip site (HERE: where you too can download the clip). Thanks to xyzpdq also for several of the photos in this post.

Riptide Pilot (1984)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will always think of Joe Penny as my mom's crush. She loved Jake and the Fat man.