Saturday, December 30, 2023

Classic Playgirl: December, 2006

As part of my Christmas day posts, I spotlighted some of my favorite covers from holiday issues of magazines featuring the nude male form.  Although holiday issues were popular in the 60's 70's, (like the first two images from a 1975 Playgirl holiday issue) and 80's, but the 1990's, they seemed to mostly fade away like VCR's and tape decks.

I did find one 'sort of' holiday issue of Playgirl from December 2006.  The cover promotes a holiday gift guide and the cover model ready to hit the clubs and the dance floor for a New Year's Eve night out.  He's even holding a disco ball, so often tied to the glitter and glamour of a New Year's Eve bash.


Playgirl: December 2006
Disco  Balls
Model: Lucas Walker
Photography by Greg Weiner

Lucas blasts out for his own personal Boogie Nights!


Lucas Walker
Age: 19
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170lbs
Birthplace: Spokane, WA

19 year old Lucas Walker really hits the mark for the perfect New Year's Eve dream date.  The then full-time student at East Washington University, also worked part-time a real estate leasing office to help fund his studies.  In the issue, Lucas shared his thoughts on the shoot, traveling to New York City for the first time, and shared his best sex occurred on a cruise ship with 'some girl' he'd just met on the Miami Cruise.  Walker didn't seem to picky about who he sleeps with boasting he likes all types and has slept with over 20 women.  Given this pictorial was 17 years ago, curious what that number is now....

How was your Centerfold Shoot:

I loved doing the Playgirl shoot in New York, and it was my first time in the big city.  The flight was five hours, but well worth it.  The entire shoot was great.  

It was a little awkward  because the managers of the club were trying to prep for the night while the shoot was taking place.  People were constantly walking by or looking to see what was going on.  As for the disco ball, that was original, striking a pose is hard enough without this huge silver ball in the way.

Did you get to explore NYC after the shoot?

We all went downtown and I had a great dinner and rinks.  Greg and I went for a small tour of the city and when we went in to Abercrombie, there wasn't a person in there that didn't ask me if I wanted to work for them.  The store manager commented on my smile and still calls to tell me that they want me to work there, even for a day.

The holiday issue also included a 2007 calendar for the previous year's centerfold models.  You can check it out on FH HERE:

No comments: