Friday, July 29, 2022

Woody:


I was never really a huge fan of actor Woody Harrelson, especially his movies.  Although I remember going to the theatre when I was a teenager and enjoying Doc Hollywood and The Cowboy Way, his career sort of exited out of my orbit after that.

I did however crush over Woody, Woody Boyd that is, on Cheers.  Woody Boyd was adorable, and it was Woody (and Lilith) that had me watching Cheers during it's later seasons.  Now this post didn't really come about from thinking about old episodes of Cheers, it came about after seeing an image of the Cheers cast partying that someone posted on Twitter last week.

SNL

If you scroll down to the last image, you'll see a shirtless Woody, partying hard with Cheers co-stars Ted Danson, along with an also shirtless George Wendt as well as Brandon Tartikoff, who was the president of NBC for a decade from 1981-1991.  Woody looked so yummy, I had to share the image.

Fifty-Fifty Carla
(1990)


Although it's easy to find shirtless shots of Woody Harrelson, I was curious if there any shirtless shots of Woody Boyd.  It took awhile, but I did find some.  In the season 8 episode Fifty-Fifty Carla, Woody indeed has a short shirtless in suspenders scene behind the Cheers bar.


In the episode, Woody gets a role in a local production of Hair.  Nervous about appearing fully naked on stage, Woody turns to Frasier for advice.  Frasier suggest Woody start slowly, taking off one bit of clothing at a time while working to get used to being nude in front of strangers.  As you can see, Woody shirtless behind the bar brought him a few extra tips.


Party like it's 1999 (well, maybe 1989)

No comments: