Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Broken Dreams: Sergey by Richard Rothstein


'Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.'
Abraham Lincoln


The idiots power is not negotiation, it's not deal making, it's nothing remotely positive. His only real power is of dream killing, bringing the hopes and dreams of what America truly means to a screeching halt. But it's temporary, we will dream the dream again, and after his reign of hate, it will be more determined, and powerful than ever.






'Sergey and I wanted to send several messages with this shoot. For Sergey, a gay man, an immigrant and a drag queen, this shoot represents the American Dream as he saw it when he moved to New York from the Ukraine. Freedom. Pride. Equality. For me, I’m making a statement about patriotism on the 4th of July. I’m an American and this is my nation, my Constitution. This is the America my father and grandfather fought for in both World Wars. This is an inclusive and diverse America celebrating all of us and our individual truths.'


'This is Miss American Drag, standing courageously naked before the world, wrapped in Old Glory and celebrating the colorful sparkle that lives inside each and every one of us. America the beautiful, my America, standing for that which is great about America: freedom, human rights, human dignity, diversity, inclusion and equality. Fuck Trump.'


2 comments:

Robert said...

Just to clear up one reference: Jon Voight was not in The Deer Hunter ...

Tye said...

Thanks, fixed my error