Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My American Dream: Sergey by Richard Rothstein


'My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of Earth'
Abraham Lincoln


Sergey and I wanted to send several messages with this shoot. For Sergey, a gay man, an immigrant and a drag queen, this shoot represents the American Dream as he saw it when he moved to New York from the Ukraine. Freedom. Pride. Equality. For me, I’m making a statement about patriotism on the 4th of July. I’m an American and this is my nation, my Constitution. This is the America my father and grandfather fought for in both World Wars. This is an inclusive and diverse America celebrating all of us and our individual truths.


This is Miss American Drag, standing courageously naked before the world, wrapped in Old Glory and celebrating the colorful sparkle that lives inside each and every one of us. America the beautiful, my America, standing for that which is great about America: freedom, human rights, human dignity, diversity, inclusion and equality. Fuck Trump.


Check out much more of Sergey and Richard's inclusive and diverse American Dream on Page 2 HERE:

No comments: