Monday, June 13, 2022

Prime-Time Supporters: Fin Argus


'It was my first scene. I was in almost full drag, had to do a tuck situation, go into a bathroom stall, get my ass ate… It was hilarious! I’d never done a scene like that prior. Now I feel like a seasoned pro! I was so nervous… but it was a perfect introduction to Queer as Folk'


Short plaid school girl skirts seem like a bit of a theme today...  I watched the first episode of the re-boot of Queer As Folk as night,  and it was a hottie in a short skirt that really grabbed my attention.  I was pretty much set to dislike the new version until actor Steffan Fin Argus as Mingus skateboarded across my television screen in his plaid mini. 


I loved the original UK version of Queer As Folk, but had quite a few struggles with the US adaptation.  One of my main struggles was with the character of Justin.  Charlie Hunnam was so spectacular as Nathan in the UK version, but I never really felt the way about the Justin, the US version of the same character.  Mingus is the re-boots 'Nathan' and I'm already in love and lust. 


I'm only one episode in, and hated they used a shooting.  Even without the tragic real-life shootings we've all been recently coping with, it still just felt unnecessarily and little exploitive to add to a pilot episode to garner attention.  That being said, just one episode in, I'll give the show a shot.  I just hope it's characters deviate more from the original characters than they did in the pilot.  


One of the themes I did love in the previous versions was the sense of family created.  The Peacock re-boot did a great job of starting this, especially through Mingus and his character's story arc in the first episode. Argus was a theatre kid and got his start in local theatre productions. 


Argus was also a member of the kids group Kidz Bop. As part of the group, Argus was signed with Ford Models and modeled the Yves Saint Laurent 2016 Spring / Summer Line for Barneys New York. Argus maybe most well know to many for his lead role as Zach Sobiech in the Disney+ musical drama Clouds.  




Queer As Folk

'The point of the show is to let people know there's a community that's going to welcome you with open arms. Unfortunately, you may have to dig to find it.  But we're here, and here for you.'

No comments: