Monday, June 13, 2022

Bobby Conte: Good Company

I didn't plan on watching The Tony's last night.  I set it to record, and thought I'd watch later, and fast forward through the boring parts.  Problem was, I got hooked from the start, and surprisingly for an award show, there were very few boring parts.

There were no many exceptional moments, from the hostess with the Mostess, Ariana DeBose and the incredible performances from Spring Awakening and Joaquina Kalukango in Paradise Square. and I loved hearing Bernadette Peters again singing Children Will Listen. There were also plenty of my favorite stage hotties, including Jonathan Groff, Skylar Astin, Matt Doyle and Aaron Tveit to hold my interest. 

I think my favorite hottie of the night, and in one of my favorite musical performances, was Bobby Conte with the cast of the gender bending revival of Company.  Conte's co-star Patti LuPone won the Tony, it was Bobby who had my attention.  When I first saw Bobby on stage, I didn't immutably recognize him.  The last time I featured him on the site, singing There Are Worse Things I Could Do, (HERE:) he had much shorter hair, and no facial hair.   Check out a bit of the Tony performance below.

Company

No comments: