Friday, July 16, 2021

Over-Time: Richard Burgi


'When I first started, they took my shirt off at the drop of a hat!'
Richard Burgi


Like so many, my introduction to soap operas came from my mother.  I've written before about how when I'd get home from school, the first thing I did was make a peanut butter sandwich, and run down o the rec room and sit with my mother.  Given the time of day, I had to be quiet as she was in the middle of watching the last half of Another World

Even though  I didn't really watch, I absorbed, and before I knew it, I knew everything that was going on with Mac, Rachel, Donna and Felica.  My favorite actress back then was Anne Heche, who did an incredible job playing twins Victoria and Marley.  After Heche left the show, I did as well and never watched another episode after that.

Reaper (2008)

Desperate Housewives (2009)

I don't really remember that much about actor Richard Burgi from his time on Another World, except, that I think he played a pimp.  I do remember however, reading in a magazine that he and Anne Heche were dating during his time on the show.  I really became a fan of Burgi years later when seeing him on television.  

Big Shots (2007)

Burgi really has one of those incredible careers, one based on his raw talent and good looks. Burgi weaves seamless from daytime soaps like Another World, Days of Our Lives and General Hospital to guest starring roles on television in shows like Who's The Boss, Empty Nest, and Seinfeld.  Burgi romanced Cameron Diaz on the big screens In Her Shoes, (2005) and had recurring roles on prime-time shows including: 24, Body of Proof, One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, The District, Judging Amy and Chuck.  Burgi also starred in the cult favorite, but short lived series The Sentinel.

Recently, I saw some shirtless images of Burgi from his current stint on The Young And The Restless.  I'm not currently watching the show as the writings a yawn fest, but I'm sure Burgi is bringing some energy into the stale soap.  Burgi is not only talented, but reliable, and brings what's needed to any role he takes on. 

The Young & The Restless (2021)
I’ll tell this to anyone at any time, I respect daytime actors more than any other actor. They’re the hardest-working, the most humble, for the most part, and super-talented. I’ve done it all and for me, as an actor, it’s the most challenging. It’s the closet thing to doing a show live.

Now in his sixties, Burgi's body is as hot as ever.  It's not a mystery why so many shows have had him s how it off.  Burgi has maintained his hot physique his entire career and I can only imagine the work he's put in over the years to keep his body in top shape. 

Nip/Tuck (2009)

1 comment:

del said...

looks better with age