Monday, February 7, 2022

Russian Gold

Aleksandr Galliamov

I know I'm not the only one who lacks enthusiasm for this year's Olympics.  Most years,  really look forward to them and get excited for the opening ceremonies.   Maybe it's the pandemic, maybe it's the venue and country or maybe it's just me...


I did however, watch for a few hours last night, catching skiing and the finals of the figure skating team event.  When it came to figure skating, I was especially drawn the Russians.  Some of you might have caught the fall near the end of the routine of pair skaters Aleksandr Galliamov and Anastasia Mishina.  It was a scary moment, reminding viewers the dangers of the sport, especially the pairs event.  Thankfully both were unharmed and went on to win the event and the gold.

Galliamov & Anastasia Mishina


Nikita Katsalapov

Although I like the pairs event, I usually skip ice dancing.  Although I respect athletes and their skill and talent, I'm just not as drawn to the event.  Russian ice dancer Nikita Katsalapov however, had me paying attention to he and partner Victoria Sinitsina.

Katsalapov & Victoria Sinitsina




No comments: