Sunday, September 10, 2017

Barn Burner: Luke by Lights on Studio


'Luke has lots of confidence and is very easy going and eager to please. Of course he also has that winning smile.'


As a kid, I always loved visiting barns, something I still get excited about today. As an animal lover, I love the sites and feel of a barn, and even the smells. Living in the country, I still get to visit a few barns on a regular basis, and through working on FH, I have gotten to virtually visit, many barns, as they have proven a popular location for several photographers that I have been fortunate to feature.


Last Autumn, I featured Tom Nakielski's trip to the barn shooting model Hansel Wellington. (Back to Basics) This year, we get to tag along during his shoot with Ohio model Luke Roberts. My theme for FH this year has been 'firsts', and I did many first themed pieces early in the year. It's been a little while since I returned to the theme, so am happy to be able to featured Luke's first time wearing only his brilliant smile. FH viewers actually got a sneak peak of Tom's work with Luke earlier this summer, when I featured a few images of Luke celebrating the 4th of July. (Sparkler) Those studio shots were from the second part of his day with Tom, a day that began here, in the barn.


'Working with Tom was a great pleasure. He has great ideas, and the best part.... He doesn't take the shot until everything is perfect. Tom's shots are all "picture perfect". A true talent, A true professional.'


'This was the first time I photographed Luke and it started out fully clothed. (him not me lol) He had not done nudes before and I wanted him to be comfortable with me before asking him to do nudes. The barn (actually a carriage house that had 4 horses and 2 carriages in it heyday, was built by a banker/realtor in 1892. We used many different areas in the carriage house for the session. After some warm up shots,  I asked Luke for some butt shots. To begin, I asked him just to lower his jeans. He was not hesitant doing that so I knew he was ready to begin shooting nudes.'


With his stunning blue eyes, great lips, and chiseled jaw and face, Luke looks amazing in and out of his plaid shirt and jeans. Luke's smile engages the viewer right away, and then keeps you there with his sultry glare. I don't know if Luke spends much time on farms, but his strong, built body looks like it's spent many hours carrying bails of hay and working up a sweat completing all of chores around the barn.


'I wish I would have shot more nudes but I wanted to make sure we had enough time to do photos in the Queen Anne Victorian house and to be sure there was enough light for the session. Although I did bring my studio lights, I wanted to get a lot of natural light images. Luke has been photographed by many other photographer and as a result he was familiar with the process of photo sessions.'






No comments: