Sunday, August 11, 2019

Shanked


I can't believe that I never watched 1994's The Shawshank Redemption until last month. I knew many people who say it was their favorite movie, and I think I must have seen pieces of it when I was younger, but something about the film had me thinking I wouldn't enjoy it. I was wrong. No spoilers, but I think I was expecting a sad and traumatic ending, and although there were moments in the film that were indeed sad and tragic, the ending was beautifully rewarding.


I was surprised to see an actor I didn't expect in a small, but pivotal role in the film. The actor was one I knew only from television, and was never really drawn to him before. Maybe it was the sideburns, maybe it was because he was one of the youngest and hottest prisoners in Shawshank, but after seeing him in the film, I knew he make the perfect subject for my series of Actors & Skin. Check out more on PAGE 2 HERE: & HERE:


No comments: