Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Blast from the Past: Michael Nouri


I have to admit, I'm not really that knowledgeable on the career of actor Michael Nouri.  I know I've seen him in movies and on television and I certainly took note and remember his distinctively handsome face.  I also know he is maybe best known for his role in 1983's Flashdance.  I of course know of the film, and have heard the soundtrack, but it's one of those movies that for some reason I never got around to watching.

This post was inspired by Nouri's recent turn as Roger Kaplan in the Netflix series The Watcher.  I started the mini-series when it first premiered, but only finished the last few episodes this past weekend.  It took me a bit to get into it, but once I was hooked, I enjoyed the ride.  

The Watcher

I was struck by Nouri when he first appeared in the show.  I don't think I've seen the actor in anything in years and was struck with by his good looks.  I had to Google to find out his age and at at 76, his face is as beautiful and handsome as ever and his sex appeal is as palpable as I remember from years ago.


As I Googled, I of course I had to look for any scenes of skin.  At first, it appeared Nouri never had a nude scene, but a little digging did find something.  In the 1990 action comedy Thieves of Fortune, (aka Chameleon) Nouri plays the sexy Comandante Juan Luis Ferreira.


The film is remined me a bit of The Jewel of the Nile, although certainly  not as entertaining. It did have it's moments however, and addition to the all the stunts, planes, motorcycles, cliff diving, alligator wrestling and gun battles there's also a very brief, and distant butt scene from Nouri.  I don't believe the film ever had an official DVD release, so the copy I found, and the caps I made, would have been taken from an old VHS copy.  Still, given the hottest of Nouri, I was pleased to find what I believe is his one and only on-screen butt baring.

Thieves of Fortune (1990)

'In this action-packed romantic adventure story, a beautiful woman must perform feats of bravery in order to inherit a $28 million fortune and win the man she loves.'

No comments: