Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Nerd or Not?


'These nerds are a threat to our way of life.  Soon we'll be up to our asses in nerd shit.'
Seth Gable


Over the summer, motivated oddly by the Titan submersible disaster, I took a look back at the actors from 1984's Revenge of the Nerds.  I thought I was finished.  After featuring actors Robert Carradine, (HERE:) and actor Anthony Edwards, (HERE:) I thought the theme was done.  It led to a few spin-off posts featuring actors from ER, but as far as those adorable nerds were concerned, I thought my job was done.


Then, two things happened.  First off, I saw the image at the top of this piece of actor Ted McGinley in his spandex for Circus of the Stars.  Although McGinely's character Seth Gable was a jock, not a nerd, that tight red glittery ensemble was certainly giving off some strong nerdish vibes.   Secondly, I caught a few minutes of the actor on Dynasty.   


I'd been watching the show off and on since I found it on one of my retro channels, but got bored and stopped really watching after season 4.  I was surprised how hot and attractive I thought the actor looked in his series of shirtless scenes.  I've known who the actor was for years, but when I was younger, I never really saw him as attractive.  Sure, I knew he was good looking, but maybe a little too good looking for my tastes.


I also bought into the hype that McGinley was sort of the nerd of series television.  He was known for showing up on shows mid-way through their runs, and not really adding much to the shows he was on. A pretty face, but not really a stand out.  I never really saw most of the actors work.  I never saw him on Happy Days or The Love Boat, and never really watched more than an episode or two of Married With Children and totally skipped the sit-com Hope and Faith.  


For some reason though, after seeing a few minutes of him on Dynasty, I wanted to see more.  I went back and re-watched some of his scenes in Revenge of the Nerds, and he was really quite good as the hot jock out to bully and belittle the nerds.  I then decided my Nerds theme needed to be a trilogy.


As far as nude scenes go, the only nude scene officially credited to McGinley is the mooning scene below from Revenge of the Nerds.  It's a purdy butt, but given the way the scene is cut, I'm sort of wondering if it was McGinley or a body double.  I'm hoping it's him, as given the actor wasn't really a big name in 1984, not sure why they would bother hiring a body double for a brief butt flash.


Although McGinley didn't have any other nude scenes, he did have his fair of shirtless scenes, and even a brief scene in a small pair of bikini briefs.  Check out more of Ted on the NEXT PAGE HERE: & HERE:

No comments: