Saturday, September 23, 2023

Une Belle Matinée: Jocelyn by Saki


Oh, what a beautiful mornin' 
Oh, what a beautiful day 
I've got a beautiful feelin' 
Everything's goin' my way

FH viewers how much I love the changing of seasons, especially when that change is from summer to fall.  This past summer has been a difficult one for many.  Usually it's filled with sun filled days, time at the beach and outdoor fun. Where I live, it was a summer filled with wild fires and smoke, floods and lots and lots of rain.


There weren't many morning like the one written by composer Richard Rodgers and lyricist Oscar Hammerstein for the musical Oklahoma.  When Curly belts out that number at the beginning of the show, the tone is set for what's to come.  This morning, although it's now officially Autumn, we had one of those days.  Cool, sunny with the promise of eight to ten hours of sunshine and warmth. 


It was on a bright Autumn morning that Saki and Jocelyn got together to shoot.  I loved that Saki opened his shoot with Jocelyn opening those big barn doors, looking out at the sun, and basking in all that lay ahead.  FH know Saki from his work as a model, my most recent piece, featuring his many naked dips in the Mediterranean.  (HERE)  As much as I love Saki's work as a model, I also love the beautiful tone he sets when stepping behind it.  


One of my favorite pieces from last year was Saki's shoot in the garden with Joffery. (HERE:) Since then, I've wanted to return to that garden, and share more of Saki's work as a photographer.  Thankfully, he was on board when I recently shot him a list of some of my favorite models that he's worked with.  Near the top of that list was his work with the scrumptious Jocelyn.


How did you first connect with Jocelyn?
We followed each other on Flickr and Jocelyn really wanted to pose in front of my lens: he did it twice! 

What struck you first about his appearance?
His slight squint and the unusual curvature of his erect penis 😊 


Was Jocelyn comfortable posing nude?
Jocelyn was very comfortable with nudity, 

Did Jocelyn share why he chose to pose nude?
The discussions tend to take place after the shooting but we have not discussed his motivations 

Where did this shoot take place?
These images are from our second shoot. They were taken in my "garden" (interior of the "wagon", cellar, exterior) 


Love those barn windows, is there a story behind them?
My father has a garden in the Paris region on which my grandfather placed an old freight wagon (very fashionable in France in the 1950s with the working classes to spend the weekend). Very rudimentary comfort (neither water nor electricity): 1 table, 4 chairs, 1 armchair, 1 wardrobe, 1 bookcase! 8/ no preferences.

What was your favorite part about working with Jocelyn?
I liked everything 😊



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at his erect penis