Saturday, September 23, 2023

Mindy's Men: Glenn Howerton


Earlier this year, as part of my remedy for insomnia, I started binging The Mindy Project.  I've previously shared, that I often choose to watch a sit-com at bedtime, something silly and not mentally taxing to help lull me into dreamland.  I enjoyed the first few seasons of The Mindy Project, but got a little blasé about the show after about season 3.

The Mindy Project

Recently, while checking out some episodes of ER, a show I don't recommend using to fall asleep, I saw a familiar face.  The adorable face belonged to actor Glenn Howerton who played Cliff, one of Mindy's boyfriends in several episodes, starting in season 2, of the sit-com.  On ER, Howerton Dr. Nick Cooper in about a half a dozen episodes on the show's 10th season.


ER

I loved me a little Dr. Nick, and was disappointed the hot intern left so early in the season.  ER was one of the actors early roles after beginning his professional career in the early 2000's. Howerton had moved to California after graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts as part of Group 29 from New York's Juilliard School's Drama Division.


One of his first regular roles was in the short lived That 80's Show,  and small roles in films including Serenity and Must Love Dogs.  Soon after, Howerton took the role he's most famous for, Dennis in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia


It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I've never seen It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, but always wanted to give it a go.  It seems like the little show that could, remaining on the air since 2005, without really getting a lot of media attention.  In addition, from the few clips that I've seen, they get often find reasons to get Howerton out of his clothes. 

1 comment:

JJ said...

RE: Always Sunny. I only saw a handful of them in reruns on Comedy Central, but this show threw in surprises all the time! Like at the ending of one where Charlie Dey was clearly not wearing any pants as he sat on a couch and they had him blurred out! haha!