Thursday, October 19, 2023

James Brolin: ACTORS & Skin


Before starting FH, I knew that James Brolin was an actor, I knew he was Josh Brolin's dad, and that he was married to Barbra Streisand,  I didn't however, really know much about his career.  Although I  saw bits of The Amityville Horror on television when I was a kid, I didn't really know the actors.  Although he was only in his late 30's during filming, I only saw Brolin as the old guy in the film.


Since then, my knowledge and appreciation for the man, and for the actor, has expanded.  Brolin started out acting professionally in the early 60's and quickly began getting roles in film and television.  Brolin became a household name in the 70's with his role on the medical series, Marcus Welby MD.   His turn in The Amityville Horror came just a few years after the film was cancelled. 

Brolin almost hit it big on the big screen with Plant of the Apes, but things didn't work out as planned.  Brolin was hired to appear in a ten-minute screen test to try out the films concept for the studio.  Brolin played  Cornelius in the the preview film.  Although the screen test helped get the film green lit, Brolin wasn't hired for the film with the role of Cornelius going to Roddy McDowell. 

The Car (1977)

'A small desert town is terrorized by a powerful, seemingly possessed car, and the local sheriff may be the only one who can stop it.'


Brolin didn't really do much on-screen nudity, but he did appear shirtless often in his career.  I recently saw and enjoyed Brolin's turn, and shirtless scene, in 1977's The Car.  You can check out his two nude scenes in the SKIN portion in the post below. 



No comments: