Friday, December 29, 2023

Flutes & Glutes: Dane by John Mar


'I love modeling nude. I enjoy sensuality and the different parts of myself it allows me to explore.'


Over the years, my thoughts about the male form, especially within art and photography, has gone through some changes.  Hearing from models and photographers about 'process' has had me look at images differently.  I no longer just look at what I see, but the creative collaboration that inspired it.  I've also grown to love images that make me feel more than images that just titillate. 


It's fairly easy to stimulate arousal, a hot naked model can do that without expending too much skill or creativity.  It take much more however, on the part of the model and photographer to stimulate a feeling, emotion or specific fantasy.  Those are the images that I don't just see and scroll by, but images and the artists that I return to again and again. 

This past year, and I'm not sure exactly why, I started asking photographers if they had 'side shots'.  I love the sensuality Dane referenced.  For me, it's so beautifully artistically accentuated in the lines, curves and contours of the male form in profile.  That's why, when photographer John Mar sent on this series with Dane, I had to spotlight them separately. 


I loved the side views and the way Dane so sensually positioned both his glutes, and his flutes.  Although he only began modeling this year, Dane looks like a natural in front of the camera, especially with his poses.  In part it may be his relationship with John who Dane considers a good friend after their multiple sessions together.  Although this series is festively flirtatious, you can see even more of Dane, and more from the shoot on Dane's OnlyFans HERE:


'I first met John through a mutual friend who I had previously modeled for. Working with John is fun because he always allows room for the model to play around and take artistic freedom with the shot. It’s truly a collaboration.

New Year is about rebirth and focusing in on things we find fulfilling and fruitful. I’m excited this upcoming year to get more specific about my art and chasing pleasure in everything I do.'


'Dane is a great model. He’s very creative and he can really balance, thanks in part to his pole dancing background. He is so fun in the studio and I’m glad that he is welcoming us into 2024!'

No comments: