Sunday, August 18, 2024

Between Jobs: Brian by Photography by George


 'I think it was as much of a turn on for Brian to do this striptease as it is for me to photograph it.'


Last week, while spotlighting Studio1x and his work with Fletcher, I mentioned some of the reasons men decide to give nude modeling a shot.  For some it's a profession, for others, it's a way of exploring their inner exhibitionist.  Like so many of us though, for most, it's about making some money.  The need to make a little quick cash is exactly how Brian ended up in front of George's lens, and modeling nude for the very first time.


Earlier this month, I spotlighted the work of Photography By George, with a feature which focused on a series of George's behind-the-scenes images. (The In-Between)  It was while going through George's portfolio to prepare for that piece, that I discovered his work with Brian.  I knew right away, I wanted to follow-up with George's work with Brian.


I loved Brian's rugged look, his great body and piercing dark eyes.  FH viewers know I also love featuring images of the male form in long abandoned, dilapidated and neglected locations of urban decay.  I love the contrast of a young, naked male body, in a deserted and derelict environment.   It's almost like looking into the past, and into the future all through the same lens.


When I asked about featuring his work with Brian, George was instantly on board, and my desire to feature the shoot was even greater when hearing how it all came together.   Like many photographers, George used to use Craiglist to advertise for models.  It was there that Brian saw his ad and got in touch.  Brian had never posed nude before, or any experience modeling, but was between jobs, and needed some extra cash to fill his gas tank and pay a few bills.


Even with no prior experience, Brian didn't hesitate when George explained the assignment, and although a little nervous at first, stripped down when it was time, and gave it his best.  Given his beautiful eyes and facial structure, George's camera loved him, and Brian followed direction well supporting George in creating an visually erotic series of images.


How did you first connect with Brian? 
Brian responded to a casting call I had placed on Craigslist. 

What about his look motivated you to want to shoot him? 
I thought he had a rugged look. I loved his facial hair and tattoos 


How much discussion did you have with Brian prior to the shoot about concept 
Not a lot of discussion. He was between jobs and needed to get some paid work to be able to buy gas for his car. 

Did he express any boundaries when it came to nudity or theme? 
None whatsoever. Although he'd never modeled before, he was happy for the work and expressed that he was happy to be photographed. 


Was he comfortable right away with nudity? 
I started by shooting him fully clothed as is my custom with all my shoots. This gives me the  opportunity to see how the model looks and moves and gives us both the chance to chat about whatever and break the ice. As the shoot progressed I asked Brian to gradually undress one article of clothing at I time. I think it was as much of a turn on for Brian to do this striptease as it is for me to photograph it.


Tell me about the location? Where did you find it? 
I learned about the location from a another model, a female model named Bri, I had done a non-nude shoot with there a month or so earlier. She turned me on to the location and specifically asked to do the shoot there. 


Were there any other building or people near, was there any worry about being discovered? 
There were other homes on the same road. But it was a rural setting with each home being separated by surrounding property. This was the last house on the road. Outdoor shoots when you are actually trespassing are always at risk even without the nudity. 


So... now that Brian is down to his undies, it's time to lose the red jock-strap and explore the rest of the location, without the limitations of clothing.  Check out the next part of George's work with Brian on the NEXT PAGE HERE:



No comments: