Sunday, May 11, 2014

JM Rich: The guy pushing the lawn mower...

Image above from Fotorebelxt Photography

Regular readers of FH will understand why the image of model JM Rich (above from Fotorebelxt Photography) grabbed my attention. Images of the male form which include staircases and windows always hold a particular fascination for me. I have attempted to self analyse the reasons for this in many previous posts, but I think it comes down to the many possibilities, erotically and visually, which windows can shine light on.


After heading to Jeff's portfolio, I was impressed with the amount of shoots he has done with many of my favorite photographers. There was a clear joy felt within the Chicago's model imagery and a great feeling of explored creativity within many themes and locations.

2 images above from Pride Of Paradise

Jeff first got in to commercial modeling several years ago when someone needed a model to be the guy pushing the lawn mower in a TV and print ad. If he was going to model, he decided it might as well be him, never thinking he would one day have a photo of him pushing that mower half naked.

Image below: Marana Photography

'I've found, though, the creativity I've been able to explore with photographers doing figure and artistic work has opened up a whole new focus for me. Being able to tell stories or display different emotions sans clothing makes it all the more real. You use your entire body and want to be sure your eyes and facial expressions match the tension or tone of the rest of your body. What fun!'

Image below from Photos by Frank

'I've had a great time doing those over the years.. It's also fun to add a bit of a 'surprise' element to some photos - what might look to be a traditional shot or ordinary pose now has implied (or real) nudity thrown in. These come across as, hopefully, clever.'

2 images below by blphoto


Below: Image via Mosaic Group

Jeff by YogaBear Studio

No comments: