Friday, February 7, 2020

Papa-paparazzi


Got my flash on, it's true
Need that picture of you


I generally don't post many nude shots from paparazzi on FH.  There are many reasons for it, the main one being almost most are taken without consent.  People always like to joke (justify) publishing unwanted nude images by making comments about the person, especially given their looks, and shouldn't be ashamed.  It's a silly argument, and is totally ignorant to what shame is, and where it may stem from in some.  Even those with great bodies may feel shame or embarrassment, depending on their history and life experiences.


I have made a few exceptions.  A few years ago when Orlando Bloom's nudes were all over the net, I posted a couple of the butt shots.  I chose to for two reasons.  First, Bloom has shown his butt on screen, but more importantly, seemed to roll with it with a sense of humour when discussing it on talk shows.  I don't want to be a hypocrite, I saw them, I enjoyed them, but like gossip, there's a difference between hearing (or in this case seeing) something, and spreading it around.


I'm aware that Pitt, (and Gywneth Paltrow) were not thrilled when these images were taken and released.  But it has been over twenty years, and they've not only been spread across the net, have been published in magazines all over the world, including the images here which came from a 1997 issue of Playgirl.


Although they may not have impressed Shania Twain,  most of us I think agree that Pitt looked incredible.  I was always especially transfixed for some reason.... by the image just above.  I'd be curious to hear what Pitt thinks of the images today.  I know he was furious at the time, in part, due to it's impact on his then girlfriend.  don't think I've heard him comment on their release in recent years.  He may feel exactly the same way, but I'd be curious what he thinks looking back now that he's a few years from turning sixty. 


On the set of Troy (2004)

Although the 1997 paparazzi shots made headline news, the shots below made less of impact. Maybe it's because there are so few out there, but I always wish there were better versions of the the 2004 shots of Pitt sunbathing naked on a hotel balcony.  The shots were taken when Pitt was filming Troy, and if you've seen Troy, you know why tan lines would have been a problem.  If anyone's ever seen any other versions of these shot, let me know!

No comments: