Monday, May 18, 2020

Daddy: Michael Gross as Michael Keaton


I started watching Family Ties when I was about 12 or 13 and the show was in it's last season or two.  I think I ended up watching many of the older episodes in syndication, but it's been odd to me the show hasn't really had much of a life in repeats.  I remember it repeating a bit when I was in my teens, but unlike many successful sit-coms from the 80's and 90's, it's really not made much of an impact.


Above:
'June 1970 I had just graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago and would be off to the Yale School of Drama that fall.'


When I first watched Family Ties, I thought Michael J. Fox was cute, and Scott Valentine was hot. I didn't gain an appreciation for Michael Gross's charms until I was a bit older.  I think it was seeing Gross in guest spots in the 2000's, and catching some of the Tremor series of films that had me seeing Gross in a different light.


Although I don't know if Gross ever had an actual nude scene on film, it appears he did shoot one for the 2014 short film Our Father.  Gross posted his 'nudity waiver' on Facebook for the film, but I wasn't able to find it on-line to stream or watch.  I believe it's on Amazon Prime if anyone has a membership and wants to check it out.  I don't think much is seen, but I guess the director wanted to leave his options open.


'MY NUDITY WAIVER for Our Father, the short film that screens next Thursday at the Pasadena International Film Festival appears below. A contract to get naked is a way of keeping an actor from backing out at the last minute because of cold feet or, um, anything ELSE that might get goosebumps. Next job for me: Naked and Afraid! :0)'


'I was a trifle self-conscious, so asked the director and crew to "get naked" in solidarity with me. Oddly enough, they refused. :0)'

Our Father (2014)

No comments: