Monday, June 22, 2020

Bubba Wallace: Display of Solidarity


'Just before today’s race, the entire field of NASCAR teams helped push racer Bubba Wallace’s No. 43 car through pit lane today in a display of solidarity after a noose was found in the Black driver’s garage last night.'


Today's display of solidarity  by NASCAR was a welcome sign.  There have been many signs things might be heading in more positive direction, but after the last Presidential election, it's understandable people are still hesitant to get too hopeful., yet....



I really know nothing a bout NASCAR, I've never watched, and honestly never had any interest in doing so.  I have however, like so many others, been in awe of Bubba Wallace, his strength, his determination and his desire for change.  Of course this is FH, so I had to go on the hunt to see if I could find more of Bubba, and maybe get a peak at what's under his racing suit.  Bubba's chest hair is a objet d'art.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turns out the "noose" had always been there and is common for grappling tools and so forth.

Tye said...

Not sure I buy it was all that common, but regardless, the act of solidarity was beautiful to watch.