Monday, June 22, 2020

Just Because: Farley Granger


'I lost my virginity twice in one night.'


Every time TCM plays an old Farley Granger movie, I go on the hunt for more info and images of the actor.  Last week, TCM played 1948's They Live By Night, and I DVR'd and watched. Although Granger does have a brief shirtless scene in the flick, my favorite Granger films are Rope and Strangers on a Train.  Seeing Granger on TCM also always has me wanting to head to Amazon and order his autobiography, something this time, maybe I'll finally do...


'Granger describes a Honolulu night that epitomized his life. A 21-year-old virgin and wartime Navy recruit, he was determined to change his status. He did so with a young and lovely prostitute. He was about to leave the premises when he encountered a handsome Navy officer. Granger was soon in bed again.'


Beaches & Beefcake

The Live By Night (1948)

No comments: