Wednesday, December 1, 2021

12 Days: Tyler Horn in Christmas Coming Out

' An action figure from a young gay man's Christmas Past comes to life to help him find the courage he needs to come out.'

There aren't a lot of Christmas coming out stories, and there should be.  Holidays bring family together, and the tension often erupts.  No better time than to freak out Aunt Bertha as she chomps down on another chocolate cherry.


Written by Armand Petri and directed by Art Arutyunyan , the new short film Christmas Coming Out truly makes sure the yuletide's gay.  I love that that our main character is helped by an action figure, something so synonymous with Christmas.  I loved the smell of new plastic on Christmas morning, and loved getting action figures.  As a gay kid in the closet, they were the closest thing to dolls that were safe to play with.  I know I'm not the only one who put a Kleenex on a G.I Joe to make long flowing blonde hair.  Thanks to Michael Andrews73a for the clip! 



1 comment:

JJ said...

Haha! I'm the one that wanted to take my best friend's GI Joe's pants off when I saw that they were removeable!!