Sunday, December 10, 2023

Rafael de la Fuente in Letters To Santa

During the holidays, young siblings utilize a magical pen that grants wishes to bring their estranged parents back together.


I really enjoyed Hallmark's Letters To Santa.  It wasn't that the writing was so great, it wasn't, it was ok, the usual standard Hallmark fare. The story did have a bit of a twist however, as the love story involved a divorced couple, something you don't see in every Hallmark movie.  Although divorce is very common, in Hallmark movies, it's much more common to have had your spouse killed, than to have divorced them.


The film also had actress Laura CerĂ³n who I enjoyed as nurse Chuny on ER.  It was nice to see Laura in a supporting role, and just not brief flashes of her flirting, and passing scalpels to doctors.  The film also starred the stunning Rafael de la Fuente who gave the movies' puppy a run in the adorable department. I addition to his beautiful face and eyes, Rafael truly  has one of the best heads of hair in Hollywood.  I found myself mesmerized by how perfect it consistently fell into place. 

I was first introduced to the Venezuelan hottie when he appeared in the first two seasons of Empire.  Like so many, I loved the first season of the show, but stopped watching entirely after the first few episodes of season 2.  The magic was just sucked out of the show in it's second season, and I also didn't like how Rafael's character Michael Sanchez was written and treated by the show.

Empire

Dynasty

I didn't watch the reboot of Dynasty, but certainly noticed on-line how often the show got Rafael's Sam, 'Sammy Jo' out of his clothes.  I think the show is on Netflix, so I might check it out, but I still have so many shows I want to see, I'm doubtful I'll get to it. 





No comments: