Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Image via Frisky Frolic

'There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.'


One of the themes that arose from this years Halloween posts was the contrast and weaving of childhood innocence (above) with the much darker themes (below) that haunt so many adults. Both of these themes come together to form the core of Halloween, and one of the reasons I love the holiday so much.

3 Images below from LightWeaver

So many of my interests combine both the fun with the fear that we experience as we make our way, the best that we can, through our lives. I think the combination of bright, and broken, also plays a part in the art, and artists that I am most attracted to. To simply be good, without flaws....or to simply create light, without a degree of dark... is really quite uninteresting. There is nothing really more terrifying to me than a perpetually cheery person.


Happy Halloween To All!

Why I Love Halloween:

No comments: