Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Guy from the Restaurant: Jlnjustice By Alex Hilbert


'Wow! I wish I could photograph him!'


Earlier this year, I was fortunate to discover the work of Sacramento photographer Alex Hilbert.  The first time I featured Alex's work this past spring, I featured his images of model Jonny Reinhart. (Window Dressing)  In addition to loving Jonny's look, and how Alex captured him,  I also fell in love the windows he was shot in front of.


When I recently returned to Alex's ModelMayhem portfolio, I noticed those windows had made another appearance.  It wasn't Jonny in front of them this time, but stunning 19 year old model and dancer Jalen Justice.  Jalen's dance training has certainly sculpted an incredible body, one Jalen knows instinctively how to use in front of the camera.  Jalen oozes sensuality from every inch of his body, most seductively from his beautiful brown eyes.


Almost all artist look at pretty much everything with a creative eye.   Buildings, locations, and for fitness and physique photographers, this is especially true with men.  Alex first noticed Jalen at a restaurant that he frequented.  Alex would see him afar and often think to himself,  'Wow! I wish I could photograph him!'  Alex shares that he was never quite brave enough though to approach Jalen and ask him to model.


'Eventually, months later, he messaged me on Instagram about doing a photoshoot with me. I had no idea he was the same guy, but he seemed so familiar, then it hit me, he was the guy from the restaurant. So I asked him, and sure enough he was!'


Jalen also instantly grabbed my attention, especially in his work with Alex.  Each time I have featured Alex's work, the model keeps on a piece of Fashion.  Jonny's sweater, Sam's jock strap, and with Jalen, it's the white boxer briefs.  Even with a hint of fashion, Alex always zero's in on his model's sex appeal, and always manages to create insanely hot images.


DNA obviously thought the same thing, featuring Alex's images of Jalen in a two part series on their website.  Jalen had just turned 19 prior to his shoot with Alex and was busy working hard, and raising funds as he prepared for a dance competition that took place in early August in Las Vegas.  All of his rehearsing had his body in top form to step in front of the camera.






No comments: