Friday, August 3, 2018

Classic Soap Hunks: Peter Reckell


It always interests me to look at how 'attraction' changes over time. The time might be age, or it might be experiences or life changes. There are so many actors and models I felt one way about ten years ago, and now see them from a very different view. Actor Peter Reckell is one of those actors.


I have watched Days of our Lives off and on over the years, and certainly noticed Reckell in TV and celebrity magazines, but he never really grabbed my attention. It's not that I didn't think he was attractive, but he was quite a bit older than I was and the beard and the long hair didn't do anything for me at the time.


Recently however, it was just those things, the beard and the long hair that had me looking Mr. Reckell through different eyes.  I'm not sure what my problem was, clearly many saw Reckell's sex appeal and he was part of one daytime's hottest couples.


I'm convinced there are some men, really great looking men, that appeal more to women than they do to gay men. Maybe Reckell is one of those guys. I know growing up there were actors actors my female friends seemed to love, that I just didn't get. I think every generation has a Tom Selleck, a Richard Dean Anderson, or a Robert Pattinson that appeal more to women than other men. Recklell was in that category to me until seeing some old shots of Reckell recently on-line.





Days Hunks circa 1990's

No comments: