Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Vintage Vantage: Jerry or Lloyd?


I saved an image of a model a few years ago and tucked it away in my 'vintage' folder. The models name was Jerry Mansfield and I knew he had modeled for Colt Studio's. I saved the image mostly because of his mouth. Yes, his body was mouth watering, but there was something about the curl of his lips, the shape of his mouth... I think most of you know what I mean, it had a bit of the 'awe shucks' factor.


I have learned from experience that having the 'awe shucks' factor doesn't necessarily mean innocent or naive, in fact, in can be an incredibly dangerous quality in a man. There is nothing more unpredictable than an innocent face on a not so innocent man....


Searching for more shots of Jerry Mansfield didn't give me much. That was until I discovered that was only his credit when modeling for Colt. When modeling elsewhere, he went by the name Lloyd Beardsley, the credit he used when modeling for some early 70's spreads in Playgirl.


The California based model attended John Muir High School, Pasadena CA, class of 1963. After graduation, Jerry, or Lloyd, went on to med school. Not sure if Lloyd ended up practicing medicine, but it appears he died young, while still in his 40's.



2 comments:

Michael Shinafelt said...

Wow! I need a cold shower now...

Anonymous said...

I was recently researching Lloyd and discovered he owned a gay bar in Palm Springs called Rocks. Sadly he died from AIDS in the early 90's. He was a classic like Bart Turner and others who appeared nude in Playgirl in the heyday of the 70's.