Monday, May 20, 2019

R.I.P Game of Thrones


'A lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.'
Tywin Lannister


Games of Thrones is over, and as with all great things that end, the reactions are mixed.  GOT was my favorite television shows, possibly ever.  Now that might change, but for now, despite the uneven final season, it stands.  There were so many surprises over the last eight seasons, so many shocks, so many dramatic moments and so many incredible dialogue exchanges, often featuring the phenomenal Diana Rigg.


'Art is no a democracy. People don't get to vote on how it ends.'
George R.R. Martin


The Twitter on on-line hate for the show got so ridiculous, I had to stop reading.  I get that it speaks to the passionate fans, but the show was truly so brilliantly put together, acted, written and produced, there was no way the final episodes could have satisfied everyone.  Glad they did't try.  I admit the final season was rushed, the pacing was inconsistent with how patient the writing for the first six seasons were.  Viewers got used to the slow build, it took six years for the Stark family to fully reunite and seven, for Jon and Dany to finally meet.  Once everyone was finally together, it made sense to me, time would start moving at a lightening fast pace.  It was jolting at times, but I overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the epic ride, start to finish.

No comments: