Saturday, January 11, 2020

Adieu Alex


I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy in awhile, but readers of FH back when it began remember I often wrote about the show.  My favorite actor on the show as Justin Chambers, and I loved his early stories and the growth they allowed his character to experience.  Although I dipped in and out of watching from time to time, (Check out my piece on Alex Landi on PAGE 2 HERE:)  my weekly appointment with the show ended after Alex and Izzy got married.  I loved the two characters together, and Alex for me, was never really given the attention he deserved after Izzy left the show.

I was surprised to read yesterday that Chambers abruptly left the series.  I say abruptly, as it his last episode has already aired, one without the attention and farewell one would expect for a 16 year old cast member.  I can't say I'll miss Alex, as I haven't watched in awhile, but I did think Alex, like Meredith, would be there until the end.  Given how often Chambers has appeared on FH in the past, I wanted to give Alex, a proper adieu.

No comments: