Saturday, January 2, 2021

Blast From The Past: Hunt Block


Sometimes you need your memory jogged.  I had completely forgotten about the hotness of actor Hunt Block until recently listening to a chat podcast.  The hosts were discussing the best soap opera re-casts when Hunt's name came up.  I never watched any of the daytime shows Hunt was on, but I remembering thinking how hot he was when seeing him in promotional shots during his time on Knots Landing


I haven't really seen much of Knots Landing other than the first couple of seasons as those are all that have been released on DVD.  I have seen a few clips of Hunt from the show on-line and on Youtube, but tried unsuccessfully to find more after deciding to feature Hunt in this piece.  Hunting for Hunt proved a challenge as he's for the most part now retired from acting.  He also seems to have wisely not joined the social media world, unless he's using another name, which would be smart if he's trying not to be detected. 

Hunt looks especially hot discussing Knots Landing and being labeled a 'hunk' on an old episode of the Attitudes talk show with Linda Dano and Mary Frann.

Most of what I did find image wise, came from French and UK based sites for Knots Landing.  I remember being struck by his strong handsome face and his beautiful eyes and structure facial structure and jaw.  If timing had not been an issue, Block would have been a perfect Clark Kent had they been making a Superman series when he was younger.  


After his time on Prime-Time in the eighties and nineties, Block moved to daytime, working on All My Children, Guiding Light and As The World Turns from 1997-2010.   His last role was in the film Only I... in 2016 co-starring alongside Dillon Casey and Brendan Fehr.  I have to thank the hosts of that podcast for reminding me of Hunt, and I'm going to keep digging for more info and pics.  He looks like he had more than a few shirtless scenes on Knots that are just begging to be capped! 



The First  Olympics: (1984)

Block with Angela Lansbury 

Knots Landing


Guiding Light

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was a big fan (still am, even all these years later) of knots landing. I live in CT and see him regularly at a local gym. still recognizable. good looking man. very nice guy.

Tye said...

Appreciate the comment and you sharing your connection.

Tye