Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Matt Battaglia: ACTORS & Skin


'I loved being in the spotlight. Someone suggested It try acting. I had no experience,  Once I got into acting school, it all changed tenfold. It was no longer a hobby; it was my focus completely'
Matt Battaglia


Although I'm sure I spotted him earlier, the fist time I really noticed actor Matt Battaglia was during his stint as Drew Boyd on Queer As Folk. I know I'm not the only one who noticed, especially given one of his first sex scenes with Emmett (Peter Paige) was one of the shows hottest.  Battaglia's buttocks is a work of art and the show didn't waste any time in putting it in the spotlight.


Battaglia's turn as Drew was also noteworthy due to the type of character he was playing. Drew was a professional football player, engaged to a beautiful woman, who also loved sex with men as a secret side.  Drew let Emmett know right away his feelings on gay men, and they weren't positive.  Drew is ultimate forced out of the closet by blackmail, and by the end of his story arc, seems to be embracing who he is.


Battaglia was a great choice for the role.  Not only due to his physical looks, but also, because most of his prior roles had been straight romantic leading men, and masculine action heroes including his turn in the Universal Soldier film series.


Check out Matt's turn in Queer As Folk as well as a couple more of his skin on-screen on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: