Saturday, July 9, 2022

We Need to Talk About Kevin!


'You know, an aquarium is a submarine for fish.'
Kevin


Reading about Chris Hemsworth butt scene in the new Thor movie had me thinking.. yeah thinking.  I'm not really into Marvel films, and except for the Spiderman flicks, haven't seen any, including any from the Thor series.  My love, well lust for Hemsworth, stems mostly from images, especially all those shirtless beach shots when he's surfing. 

I had to really think about my favorite Hemsworth performance on film and surprisingly, it came from the 2016 female version of Ghostbusters.  Now the movie gets a really bum rap.  When the franchises films are rated, it's usually last, or just above 1989's Ghostbusters II.  I'd definitely put it second, I wasn't a huge fan of last years Ghostbusters Afterlife


Now I'm not saying the 2016 version was great, but the four female leads all pulled their weight, and there were some genuine laughs.  Problem was, there wasn't really a story, and the writing didn't make-up for that with more comedy bits for the cast.  Chris was a stand-out however as Kevin, the dim witted, but incredibly hot receptionist and part-time big baddie when inhabited by evil spirits. 


I re-watched the film recently and really enjoyed it, even more so than when I first saw it.  Now, for full transparency, I had eaten a cherry cannabis edible prior to watching, and I'm sure that played a part in increasing the fit of giggles that overtook me several times while viewing.


One thing I do know for sure, with our without the edibles, Hemsworth dance moves during the films closing credits are a highlight, high or not...  Oh, and that Thor butt scene, check out a teaser below.


Thor's Tuchus

'I mean, it was kind of 10, 11 years in the making, that shot. In each film we’ve taken off another item of clothing, and now we just kind of took it all off.'
Chris Hemsworth

No comments: