Monday, August 1, 2022

Too Darn Hot!


I'd like to coo with my baby tonight 
And pitch the woo with my baby tonight 
But brother, you fight my baby tonight 
'Cause it's too darn hot


In the 1953 MGM musical Kiss Me Kate, the song Too Darn Hot is sung by Anne Miller who plays Lois Lane.  In the original stage musical however, the Cole Porter classic is sung by Paul.  Paul is a fairly minor character in the show, the dresser for the character of Fred, the lead of the show. 


Back when I was a teenager, I played Paul in a summer theatre festival and sang 'Too Darn Hot' at the beginning of the second act.  I remember that there was no air conditioning in the theatre we performed in, and although I was 'misted' before every performance, we didn't really need it.  I work black pants with suspenders and no shirt.  I didn't need to be 'misted' to look hot, everyone on stage, and everyone in the audience, was already sweating from the heat and humidity. 


With the current heat waves rotating throughout North America, I thought FH needed to help everyone cool off just a little.  I don't have a pool, but I live just a few minutes from a lake, and about 20 minutes from the Atlantic.  When I need to cool down I usually head to the shore where it's usually about 10 degree's cooler.  Now I'm not sure whether these images will cool you off or heat you up, but either way... hopefully you'll end up a little wet....    

No comments: