Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Christmas With Family: Jerry by JW Johnson


''I got started with the Christmas theme while shooting some of my calendar models on the holiday themed portrait backdrops and it just snowballed from there, pun intended.'
JW Johnson


It was a holiday image that first led me to contact photographer JW Johnson.   It was a shot of a model falling out of a Santa's sac that I spotted on Pinterest.  Thankfully, the person who posted it didn't crop off JW's watermark, and I was able to find his site and Model Mayhem page and get in touch.


My first piece featuring JW's work was back in December 2017. (HERE:)  It featured a selection of holiday themed images with a selection of different models.  One of my favorite models in the piece was Jerry.   I loved his long, lean body and the beautiful poses he created.  I also loved his welcoming face and smile and like all good Christmas elves, the bright twinkle in his eye. 


Since that first piece, I bug JW often about featuring more of his work, especially at Christmas.  His years of shooting calendars meant a he has large selection of Christmas themed imagery and JW"s imagery has an authentic retro Christmas vibe that so many of us remember.  The wood walls and decorations remind me of my parents old rec-room and I can almost feel and even smell the room on Christmas morning.


I would have loved to have woken up and run downstairs to find Jerry in my stoking or under my tree. That particular fantasy however, would have to wait, well at least until I moved out on my own. JW describes Jerry as as a really opened minded guy, up for anything.  Although he had a girlfriend, he seemed to really enjoy the attention he got from nude modeling, especially with the fun festive shoots.


'Jerry was a great guy to photograph, and talk to each and every time he came to shoot. He was very opened minded, up for anything and fun to work with.  We got to know each other quite well given how many times we got together to shoot over the years. I always felt right at home with him, like he was family or something. :)'

No comments: