Saturday, May 27, 2023

#89


Up until recently, Fred Dryer was never really on my radar.  In all the years on FH, Fred has never appeared on the site, not even in the birthday section.  I've heard of the show Hunter, but was a little young to watch.  I don't really remember ever seeing him in anything.  That was, until last week..


For 13 years, Dryer was a defensive end in the National Football League, playing in over 175 games from 1969 until he retired in 1981.   Dryer is the only NFL player to score two safeties in one game.  Best known as #89 during his years playing for the Los Angles Rams. (1972-1981)

Jockey (1976)

Dryer's good looks got him a few guest roles on television, as well as a few ad campaigns, including modeling for Jockey in 1976. If you check out the ad below you might spot some other familiar faces, (and crotches) including Ed Marinaro. Last week, due to a weird series of on-line clicks, I ended up watching Dryer in his first official credited role.  After ignoring him for years, I now understand the appeal.  Check out the show I caught him on and more of Fred on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: