Thursday, April 25, 2024

Just-in Time


'They’d have me with no shirt walking around a hospital for three weeks. It was ridiculous, but I loved it.'
Justin Hartley


I recently read the above quote on journalist and producer Michael Fairman's Twitter page, and had to click the link to see and read more.  It wasn't just the quote, but a hot, shirtless shot of Justin Hartley from his day son the soap opera Passions


I didn't watch Passions, except for a few scenes I caught in a dentist office waiting room.  There was a television in the corner, and it was on during my 45 minute wait to get my teeth cleaned.  It seemed more like a spoof of a soap opera, something they'd don on SNL, more than than an actual show.  Then again, I guess most soaps look like that to non-watchers, especially if you only catch a few scenes.


I may have checked it out if I'd known who Hartley was at the time.  I think I first spotted the blond actor when he was in the pilot for Aquaman.  I didn't see the show, I don't think many did, but I do remember all the shirtless and wet shots of Hartley promoting it.  I haven't actually seen much that Hartley has done, but have followed his career, and his many shirtless scenes, in magazines and on the net.


I did watch him on Smallville, and a little bit on Revenge, before the show became a chore to watch.  Revenge had such an incredible first season, only to fall apart after that. But I digress...  Seeing the promo pic from Passions, had me spending a few minutes looking for others from Hartley's time on the soap.  From the little I read, it seems a little over-the-top, but might still be fun to watch if it ever airs on a streaming service. 

 Peacock really should air their catalog of cancelled soaps.  Although I'm sure some older episodes are lost, there would still be hours of Passions, Another World, Santa Barbara and other shots to lure in new subscribers.  I know just the images to use in the promotion!  

No comments: