Tuesday, May 7, 2024

FaVorite Video of the Day


'Play for the kids. Play for the light.'


Ok, I know this video is a little sappy, but it really hit me with an emotional punch when I first saw it the other day.  I'm not sure if it's organic or a commercial, but was impactful to me regardless.  The video was posted on Twitter by Historic Vids, but I only saw it due to a reply from actor Mark Hamill.  I love following Mark on Twitter and really respect his views and his compassion and the beautiful way that he interacts with so many of his fans.  


The tennis player in the video is Andrey Rublev. Rublev is a Russian professional tennis player who has been ranked as high as world No. 5 in singles by the Association of Tennis Professionals, which he first achieved in September 2021.  Rublev is hot, and his act of kindness beautiful to watch, but it was the look on the little boy's face, and in his eyes that resonated the most to me.  

For the record, although he was heckled by spectators with the Ukraine flag at the Australian open, Rublev has expressed his opposition to the ongoing war in Ukraine, signing 'no war, please' on a camera following his win in the Dubai Tennis Championship semifinal last year..  Since then, Rublev has continued to advocate against the war.

No comments: