Friday, October 25, 2013

Pound!


If I had a hammer,
I'd hammer in the morning,
I'd hammer in the evening


It is funny how photography and certain images can impact you differently at different times. Anytime I see any of Carl Proctor's work with Keith I have a reaction, but when revisiting their work together for a piece this past September I looked at one of Carl's images differently. There is something about the way the leather tool belt drapes around Keith's waist, the way the string from the apron is tied in a bow so deliciously on his derriere that had me appreciating the image in a whole new way. When I mentioned this to Carl, he generously edited together the other images from the set for FH.


We could all use tool belted Keith in our lives. I think one of the reasons I loved the images so much was the connection to my love of home improvement. I am pretty handy with a hammer myself, my problem is follow through. There are several rooms in my house half painted or almost papered. I get enthused to begin a project, but lose interest quickly. Last Sunday I prepped a room to paint. I took down the pictures, washed down the walls, removed the electrical covers and dusted. I then used painters tape to protect the windows and trim and put down newspaper and a drop cloth to cover the floor. Then... I was tired and have not really gone back in the room since. Maybe I will return to the project this Sunday... or maybe I will hire Keith to finish the job.


No comments: