Tuesday, May 26, 2015

From Clueless to Jesus: Jeremy Sisto

Moonlight and Valentino (1995)

Earlier this month, I profiled actor Mark Pellegrino (HERE:) from The Returned. On the A & E show, Mark's character Jack is involved in a bit of a messy love triangle with his ex-wife Claire and her current love, Peter Lattimore. Peter is played by a favorite actor of mine, the talented, and oh so delicious Jeremy Sisto.

Clueless (1995)

Although I have seen many of Jeremy's early movies, (although I have yet to ever see Clueless...) I think I first noticed the scraggly haired actor on a 2003 episode of Dawson's Creek. Sisto stands out in any role he takes on with his unique look, that beautiful face and his immense talent as an actor. Not many actors have both Clueless and Jesus on their resume, but Sisto has played both heroes and villains, goof balls and jocks all with respect and finesse.


I really began to take notice of Sisto during my DVD marathon of Six Feet Under a few years back. It was also the first, but thankfully not the last, time we got a good few of that perfectly rounded Sisto tush. Over the past few years, Sisto has focused much of his attention on television with roles on Law & Order (which I don't watch) and Suburgatory. (which I always meant to watch)


I am however enjoying Sisto in The Return, A+E’s adaptation of the French horror series, Les Revenants. A & E has yet to announce whether the Monday night drama will get a season 2, but I would still recommend catching season 1. It was slow at times, and a bit bogged down by a few too many characters, but I quite enjoyed it. Although Sisto's resume is very impressive, he spoke last year to the Huffington Post about being heart broken over losing a certain big screen part to Leonard DiCaprio.


'That was one of the many, many jobs I didn’t get,” he said, laughing. “It’s always fun to see a movie that you know really well and love with this alternate universe person in there. So while I was a little embarrassed to reveal one of my many failures in life, at the same time I couldn’t deprive Titanic lovers of seeing that alternate universe'


With Jeffrey Dean Morgan in Dead & Breakfast (2004)

Suburgatory (2011-2014)

White Squall (1996)

Six Feet Under (2005)

Showing off that incredible derrière again in In Enemy Hands (2004)

No comments: