Friday, July 10, 2015

Adam Driver: This Is Where I Found You


For some reason I put off watching last year's This Is Where I Leave You. I love a good family drama, and the cast, led by Jane Fonda, Tina Fey and Jason Bateman was certainly top notch. But... the flick has been playing on what seems a non-stop loop on the movie channel so finally gave in and watched it last weekend.

This Is Where I Leave You

I loved it, especially the beautiful and complicated relationships between the family. One of those family members was played by actor Adam Driver, and by the time the movie was over, I felt like I was ready to explode after close to two hours of foreplay. It wasn't that Driver had any sex scenes, nor any shirtless scenes that I recall. But there was just something organically sexual about him on screen that was more than a little compelling.


I have not watched Girls, so really, except for a few things in the media, was not really that familiar with Driver. The Juilliard trained actor, and former Marine has a distinct look and presence that had me unable to take my eyes off him while he was on screen. Although part of it may have been his character, I suspect this more about the actor than the role. Driver is about to get a whole lot more well know come this Christmas with his role as Kylo in J.J. Abrams new Star Wars film. Although I discovered him a bit late, glad I jumped on board the Driver train before this film explodes into theatres laster this year.

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens


Girls

No comments: