Tuesday, December 29, 2015

If I Only Had A Heart


I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy that shoots the arrows
If I only had a heart


After seeing NBC's live version of THE WIZ, I inspired to put together a FH themed tribute to the classic story. I thought his year's musical was the best of the three, yet somehow for me lacked that 'edge of your seat watching' experience. The actors were as a whole were extraordinary, although I still can't bring myself to fully commit to liking Mary J Blige... I think I am alone though in missing the 'risk' factor of wondering if Christopher Walken would remember his lines or the cringe worthy, but fun, attempts at emoting from Carrie Underwood. Part of a live show is wondering what might go wrong, and this year... nothing really did. Sadly, the photographer whose Wizard of Oz images I wanted to use, although initially on board, never responded to my last attempts at support. That's ok, these images of the Tin Man on the runway from a 2007 post will do the trick nicely!

No comments: