Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blast From The Past: Jeff Yagher


When I came across the image above, in addition the 'open shirt, Fabio romance cover' inspired look and pose, I was sure I knew both that face, and beautiful head of hair. Unfortunately, a google image search didn't come up with much, but I wasn't deterred. I headed to a few tumblrs that I knew focused on teen idols from the 80's and 90's and there was the face, and body of actor Jeff Yagher.


Jeff got his start on the 1980's series V. I think it must have been on past my bedtime as although I was certainly familiar with the show, don't remember watching it when I was a kid. I did however catch a few old episodes when the 2009 re-make was on, and while researching actor Marc Singer for a few pieces on the site.


After V, Jeff went on to guest on many shows from the 80's including; Magnum PI, Hotel, Newhart and the 80's re-boot of The Twilight Zone. In the 90's, Yagher had regular roles on the Linda Lavin/Patricia Heaton show Room For Two, Live Shot and on Six Feet Under. Jeff has continued to work steadily through the 2000's in both film and TV.


Thankfully, being the 80'. Yagher was involved in various photo shoots to cement his 'heart throb' status. Love the shots of Jeff below in the kitchen in his cut-offs and working on the car outside shirtless and in jeans. So 80's and so welcome!





1 comment:

Steve said...

Jeff's brother, Kevin Yagher, was pretty cute back in the day as well. Kevin is a special effects and make-up artist and has worked on some fairly big horror movie franchises like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street and Child's Play. I think he currently works on Bones probably doing all the dead bodies they investigate.