Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Husk & Stalk: Matthew Dunston by takeapic4u


Husk:
-Outer layer
-A usually dry or membranous outer covering (such as a pod or one composed of bracts) of various seeds and fruits.

Stalk:
-Stem, shaft, or slender attachment part of a leaf, flower or fruit


'It was lucky that we found a nice corn field on some rural gravel roads in the middle of nowhere Iowa. It was the perfect spot for stripping nude and not drawing too much attention.'


The first time I featured the work of Iowa photographer Dave Larson, the focus was on Deconstructing the Cowboy. Dave loves to take conventionally held examples of masculinity, and examine, reveal and deconstruct them down to their most raw and naked form. Today's deconstruction is of the farmer, or as model Matthew Dunston calls the shoot, the deconstructing the farm boy.

For those of you who read my August profile of Matthew's work, (Unabashedly Naked) you may remember that getting naked isn't usually an issue for him. This shoot however, involved more than just being nude, but something Matthew says was a bit tougher for him, exploring his sex appeal.


'I am comfortable in my own skin, but I didn't think I was sexy enough for this photo shoot. It turned out that stripping in front of the camera was more difficult that just posing nude. Dave has done these kinds of shoots before with much better looking dudes than me, and I just wanted to make sure I lived up to the deconstructing series. Luckily, Dave had ideas on how to make me look sexier than I initially thought I could be.'


Matthew's reservations about his level of sex appeal is one of the reasons that for me, this deconstruction was not only successful, but incredibly hot. One of the reasons farmers are so appealing is in part because they tend to be unassuming about their sex appeal. They are usually more focused on their work, than how hot they look doing it. Standing in the corn field, the field he both panted and created, Matthew's farmer is just naturally sexy. Both his smile and his stare are filled with pride and satisfaction for the many physically grueling and long hard days that yielded the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this series! Are we able to see more of Matthew's work in the cornfield????? Is there anyway of reaching out to the photographer for more material???