Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Gordon Nebeker: Table Spread

Yorgen

'We were working in my townhouse and I decided to shake things up by doing an ‘on the furniture’ shoot so we moved him from table to table and sofas to chairs and counter tops.'


One of the things I love about the work of photographer Gordon Nebeker is the way in which he incorporates elements of architecture and design witin his work. It's not so much an overarching theme,it's more organic. The natural way Gordon observes and weaves bodies and form with structures and environment.

Charlie

If you check out Gordon'w work with Austin during their Mexico shoot, (HERE: & HERE:) you will not only see a beautiful blend of human with architecture, you'll also notice how Gordon contrasts and captures the lines of body with the line of the brick, marble, walls and building surrounding them.

Bond

Gordon's eye for parallel proportion, shape and design are a foundation of his work regardless of whether he's shooting on location, in studio or within his own home. It appears with every model, in every shoot, set in a mansion in Mexico, the Utah mountains, or a coffee table in his living room. In some of my recent features on Gordon's work, I have focused and loved so many of the shots of models on Gordon's furniture. The coffee, dining room and end tables, the couch, the chairs, even the pass-through island between Gordon's kitchen to the dining that Bond so beautifully posed and reclined on.

Ben

One of the pieces of furniture that has visually grabbed me is Gordon's round wooden coffee table. When I was profiling Gordon's work with Austin, I commented that Austin reminded me of a sensual sun dial the way he was posed upon the table. The round table, not to mention the lines and waves within it's design, make a beautiful backdrop for the nude male bodies that pose upon it.


When Gordon sent on his recent shoot with Yorgen earlier this summer, there were two beautiful shots of Yorgen on the table. I had noticed the table before, and wanted to make it the focus of a piece, and the two shots of Yorgen provided the stimulus to move forward with the theme. It also had me asking Gordon if he stocked up on Pledge during his Costco runs....

Cody

'I purchased the table when we moved into our townhouse there four years ago. I was using an Art Deco theme as inspiration for the decoration and exotic figured wood pieces were the rage during the Art Deco period so when I found that new custom made Art Deco style table on line, I knew it would be perfect for the space! I absolutely love it and it makes everything I set on it, including nude men, look even better!'

Adam

In so many of Gordon's images images, the model uses the table not only to inspire their pose, creating beautifully circular shapes.  The Art Deco styled table is used as more than just a backdrop, but also a foundation for the body positions created upon it.

Patrick


Austin

No comments: