Friday, January 18, 2019

Christopher Abbott: Out of the Picture


Sometimes it takes just one picture, one image of a man to have you take notice.  I've seen images of actor Christopher Abbott before.  I knew a few of his projects, but until this week hadn't seen any.  I remember seeing promos for season one of The Sinner, and planned to check it out.  Although I did start watching season 2, have yet to go back and check out the first season.


A couple of weeks ago however, there was an article in Entertainment Weekly about George Clooney's television re-make of the 1970 film Catch-22.    The re-make is mini series based on the story by Joseph Heller, but Hulu, the network airing it, has yet to announce an release date.

Alan Aarkn in Catch-22 (1970)

The image of Christopher Abbott below is the image had that me searching for more about the 32 year actor and the mini-series.  I hadn't noticed how beautiful Abbott's eyes and face were before, although I always found him sexy, his face seemed always hidden by both his facial hair, and the characters he was playing.

Abbott in Entertainment Weekly

I'll be interested to see what Clooney does with the project, and with the nudity in the book, and to a lesser extent the earlier movie.  The min-series also stars Pico Alexander, an actor I took notice of a few years ago after seeing him in a small part in A Most Violent Year.

Abbott with George Clooney and Pico Alexander


Abbott in Girls

Abbott in Hello I Must Be Going (2012)

Abbott in James White (2015)


Abbott in The Sleepwalker (2014)



No comments: